Political adviser welfare and social security (0.8 – 1.0 man-years)
Do you want to work for employee well-being and social security in an inspiring organization? Are you an experienced political adviser who is communicative and connecting? Then we would like to meet you.
What do you want to do?
As Utrecht University, we want to offer a comfortable and safe environment for everyone to work and study. In this role, you contribute to awareness and improvement to realize this. As a political advisor on welfare and social security, you will continue to develop these topics at our university. You do this based on existing initiatives and themes. Work pressure and vitality are important areas for attention when it comes to well-being. In the field of social security, the relevant themes are: prevention and awareness, guidance and care and codes and rules in the field of unwanted behavior. For the theme of well-being it is about employees, for the theme of social security it is about employees and students.
- You coordinate, develop, monitor and evaluate welfare and social security policies. You work with colleagues across the university, such as faculties and other directorates in the administrative service, especially in the field of student social security. You keep track of all initiatives taken in these areas. You are a discussion partner for the Executive Board and the University Council on these topics.
- For the further development of our vitality program, you will work closely with the project manager for this theme.
- We place great emphasis on awareness of social security. Within that theme, you will follow up on the Mindlab performances arranged in the autumn of 2021. The purpose of this impressive performance was to facilitate the conversation about what is a safe and inspiring climate at the university and how we can create it together. As a result of Mindlab, many ideas have come up to improve social security. You make sure that these ideas are realized, among other things, on the basis of your own knowledge.
- You advise on further development of the existing range of training courses on social security.
- You are the contact person for confidential advisers and interlocutor for the reformed Unwanted Behavior Committee, which will be called the Interpersonal Integrity Committee. With their input, you anchor the political framework in which they work.
- You are the source of information for management and HR when it comes to well-being and social security.
- You participate in the national consultations of the Dutch universities on the function of ombudsman.
As a political advisor Welfare and Social Security, you work in the HR expertise department. The department has several focus areas, namely:
- career guidance;
- law of participation;
- corporate social work and PhD psychologist;
- (international) recruitment and selection;
The different disciplines make the team diverse and interesting. The team is led by two heads who together have a duo function. You work closely with the two other political advisers in the team, vocational social work and the PhD psychologist, but also with the various confidential advisers within our university.
What do you bring?
- You are an experienced (five years or more) political advisor with an academic work and thinking level.
- You have experience in developing and implementing policies for the themes of well-being and social security.
- You are results-oriented. You have achieved success in your career in your field and you have good examples of this.
- You move smoothly in a complex organization.
- You have strong communication skills and you can express yourself well in Dutch and English (level C1).
This is an employment contract (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) for one year. With good performance, a permanent contract is one of the options. Depending on education and experience, the minimum wage is € 3,821 and the maximum € 5,943 (scale 11/12 of the collective agreement for Dutch universities) gross per month for full-time employment. You also get an 8% holiday allowance and an ultimate bonus of 8.3%. Furthermore, Utrecht University has an attractive package of terms of employment, including a choice of a good work-life balance (including a good leave scheme), development opportunities and an excellent pension scheme. For more information, see work at Utrecht University.
About the organization
Utrecht University has a strong ambition in terms of educational quality and study success. This also applies to the sharp research profile on four themes: Youth Dynamics, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability. Utrecht University is at the heart of society and helps to provide answers to the social questions of today and tomorrow.
The University Administrative Service works on integrated support for the administration of Utrecht University. Eight directorates support the Executive Board in the preparation and implementation of the strategic plan and in providing service.
The human resources department is one of the eight departments and supports the management and the faculties in preparing, developing and implementing the university’s HR policy. The management handles the HR facilities and products that are implemented at university level from a point of view of quality, cohesion in the employer and efficiency. There is also an HR consulting department.
Want to know more about this feature? Please contact:
Lieke Sjerps (Head of Expertise and Professional Services), via firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 38 29 72 51.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees from a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives. Are you interested in applying? Send your motivation letter and CV via the following Use the buttonatt. Lieke Sjerps, head of HR Experts.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Answer at the latest