Can the industry also be sustainable? Hell yes. At TNO, we work hard on the energy transition. One of our spearheads: to make industrial heat management more sustainable. In our state-of-the-art Carnot and Mollier laboratories, we develop and test innovative technologies. From components to fully integrated systems on a scale from kilowatt to megawatts. In this challenging technical position, you contribute hands-on to that development. Who knows, maybe you’re working on a meter-high heat storage system or guiding contractors in the production of a new test plant for industrial drying processes. With your practical insight, you contribute to leading experimental research. Work to influence the world of tomorrow!
What do you want to do?
Your work is very varied, and because your position is new, you can also interpret it yourself. You manage contractors and suppliers, prepare installations, carry out the surveys and collect and process data, possibly together with researchers and project managers. You also provide support for formulating research questions or a research design. You do this in a team of fifteen committed and driving colleagues. A team that is also full of ambition: Within five years, we will double our activities! There is plenty of room to try different activities and to set your preferences. Together we will find the perfect job package for you!
Read more about your expert group Sustainable Technologies for Industrial Processes.
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
What else do you bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or process technology and knowledge of heating and cooling technology.
- At least two years’ experience in operating complex technical installations and experience in control systems (PLC and HMI) and data communication.
- Good communication skills in Dutch (language of suppliers and contractors) and preferably also English (the language of instruction in the department).
- The motivation to achieve a VCA-VOL. Do you already have these? Then that’s a good thing.
What we offer you
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ with terms of employment that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel money.
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- 28 vacation days and 5 ATV days (with full-time employment).
- Cozy activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way, you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and good homework facilities.
- Opportunity to follow courses, trainings and workshops and to attend conferences, and coaching if you need it.
An employer that values and encourages diverse talents, including through the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and roundtables on inclusion themes.
Read here among which employment conditions you can choose.
TNO as employer
What does the process look like?
You can reply until May 29th. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. The first round is scheduled for June 8th. The second round is scheduled for June 16th. At a final meeting, we will discuss the terms of employment that you put together yourself. We strive to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
An online assessment and reference check can be part of the selection procedure.
Has this position aroused anything in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Lara Dimitrovsky
Mobile phone: +31 (0) 6-507 40690
Employment manager: Sjaak Loo, van
phone number: +31 (0) 6 109 03635
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.