The mobility of the future does not start on the street, but in an app. People check and book the cheapest way to get from A to B via digital platforms: mobility as a service. But what are the effects of this on infrastructure, public spaces and social goals? How do governments keep track of and keep track of this? This requires an advanced digital ecosystem. You are at the cradle of this system and the associated challenges. For how do you get commercial mobility providers to share data with governments? How do we guarantee users’ privacy? And what technologies do we use? As a consultant, you connect top experts in mobility and IT to these issues.
What do you want to do?
You develop the ecosystem for data sharing in the Netherlands together with partners, but the ultimate crown on your work is of course if we can also export this abroad in the future. Before then, there is still work to be done. Your position is brand new. That means you have a lot of room to be a pioneer. Where do the interesting things happen in the market? How do you get the right partners on board? You seek cooperation both inside and outside TNO. Your home base is the Sustainable Urban Mobility & Safety department. A department that handles mobility issues integrated at all levels. From ‘under the bonnet’ of a single car or truck to a model that analyzes GPS data from millions of road users. And from providing information to a single road user to designing an entire city. In short: A department where you can develop fully, also as a senior consultant.
Read more about sustainable urban mobility and security
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
- A university graduate, preferably with a background in information technology or electrical engineering.
- Extensive work experience (preferably more than ten years) in mobility and logistics.
- A fascination for the mobility and transport system of today and tomorrow.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English.
What we offer you
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ with terms of employment that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- Opportunity to follow courses, trainings and workshops and to attend conferences, and coaching if you need it.
- 33 vacation days (with full-time employment).
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talents, with initiatives such as the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and roundtables on inclusion themes.
- Travel money.
- Cozy activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way, you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A good pension scheme.
Read here among which employment conditions you can choose.
TNO as employer
At TNO, we encourage a spacious work environment where you can be yourself. Whatever your story is and whatever unique qualities you bring. It is precisely by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Do you know more? Read what steps we are taking in diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
You can reply until May 23rd. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. The first round is scheduled for May 23rd. At a final meeting, we will discuss the terms of employment that you put together yourself. We strive to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
An online assessment and reference check can be part of the selection procedure.
Has this position aroused anything in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Helen Stork
Mobile phone: +31 (0) 6-515 34922
Employment manager: Jeroen Dezaire
phone number: +31 (0) 6 229 17983
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.