- You see cybersecurity not only as a technical issue but also as a challenge that requires an interdisciplinary approach.
- You attack issues from a systems perspective and you have an eye for the interaction between people, technology and organizations.
- You can not get enough of news reports and background features on the impact of new cybersecurity legislation or technologies on companies and organizations in the Netherlands.
- You have a passion for innovations in the digital domain, and you have a vision of the various technical and organizational ways in which the Netherlands is digitally protected.
- You do not just want a job, you want to make a difference. You want to do this with an enthusiastic team and be continuously inspired.
We are looking for a researcher who wants to take part in projects in the field of cyber security. We carry out these projects for and with ministries, security organizations and companies. You go to questions with an analytical and critical eye and bite into this. You are able to translate new developments into the customer’s practice. For our projects, we are looking for a person with strong research competencies, technical insight and an affinity with the security domain.
What do you want to do?
You will work in the cybersecurity team of the Networked Organizations research group. We focus on advising and supporting the government, such as justice and security, the economy and climate, the police and defense and public organizations in creating a robust, safe and livable society. Our group understands and optimizes the networks and processes necessary for this by studying how information is disseminated through networks, how risks and vulnerabilities arise from dependencies within these networks, and how decisions are made. Within TNO, we work with experts in various related fields and outside TNO with various national and international consortia to make our knowledge widely available. We use our knowledge to innovate and support the implementation of (new) innovations in the security domain in areas such as cyber security, risk and crisis management, monitoring and security, security of vital infrastructures and detection and enforcement.
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
- You are content-motivated and customer-oriented, you have strong analytical skills and a fascination for discovering and designing new solutions to complex problems. You are good at creating the link between science, technology and the day-to-day work practices of organizations.
- You have a solid and demonstrable knowledge base in cybersecurity and an understanding of the technological concepts that play a role in this. You thrive on working in teams and are able to work on multiple projects at the same time. You have completed a university degree (eg information science, technical business administration, political science, computer science or computer science) and preferably an existing network in the cybersecurity environment.
- You have an affinity with the security domain.
- Finally, you have excellent communication skills, and you naturally share the knowledge you have and acquire (both in writing and orally and in both Dutch and English).
So: if you want to make Holland digitally more secure, work in friendly teams and have contact with customers in your work, then apply!
What we offer you
Maybe you want to grow in the direction of trading or advising. Or do you want to become a project manager, immerse yourself more in sustainable innovations or make a career as a technical expert.
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ with terms of employment that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- Opportunity to follow courses, trainings and workshops and to attend conferences, and coaching if you need it.
- 33 vacation days (with full-time employment).
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talents, with initiatives such as the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and roundtables on inclusion themes.
- Travel money.
- Cozy activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way, you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A good pension scheme.
Read here among which employment conditions you can choose.
TNO as employer
At TNO, we encourage a spacious work environment where you can be yourself. Whatever your story is and whatever unique qualities you bring. It is precisely by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Do you know more? Read what steps we are taking in diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
You can respond until and including June 10, 2022. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. At a final meeting, we will discuss the terms of employment that you put together yourself. We strive to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
An online assessment and reference check can be part of the selection procedure.
Because you also have to work for clients in the field of defense and security, it is necessary for the AIVD to issue a Declaration of No Objection (VGB). Therefore, you need to undergo a safety check beforehand. You can read more about this here.
Has this position aroused anything in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Helen Stork
Mobile phone: +31 (0) 6-515 34922
Employment manager: Karin Jong, de
phone number: +31 (0) 6-515 42255
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.