Head of Finance
full time | Amstelveen
As a connecting People Manager, do you continue to build a future-proof department?
Then this is your job!
The finance department plays an important role in this dynamic and complex time. In order to make responsible policy choices at all levels, good administration, up-to-date and reliable management information and robust claims and injury products are essential. Line managers also require a proactive, critical and proactive attitude in financial advice. The finance department consists of 35 employees.
As a department manager, you lead the department in an inspiring and motivating way. You are a People Manager with a coaching leadership style where the result counts. In addition, you are well able to understand the other in cooperation and act on it. You stimulate team members to optimally develop and utilize their qualities, as well as a good collaboration inside and outside the department.
You will also continue to develop the department, focusing on strengthening the advisory role vis-à-vis the line organization. You stimulate the experienced and driven professionals in the further development of their role as sparring partner and ‘critical friend’ for the board and management. Information is used in a transparent, clear and user-friendly way for management, resulting in optimal financial services. You ensure a reliable, future-proof and streamlined financial administration and a well-functioning P&C process to set the framework and accountability at the various administrative and official levels.
You are a full-fledged discussion partner for the Finance Portfolio Holder, management and your colleagues, and you have financial expertise. You provide encouraged and unsolicited advice in order to realize the administrative and financial strategy. We find it important that you are accessible and involved, and that you have significant expertise and a clear vision. With the help of unity, cooperation and further digitization, you ensure an adequate supply of information. The goal is to provide unambiguous, timely and proactive advice to management, the board of directors and the board of directors.
What are we asking you for?
- You have a completed academic education with a business economics background.
- Experience with public finances is an advantage.
- You have demonstrable content and management experience in a changing environment, preferably public finances.
- You thrive in the dynamics of an administrative / official environment.
- You have a network that is relevant to the position.
Our ideal candidate is a results-oriented People Manager with a vision. You are able to further develop the department. You are strategically strong and have a high degree of organizational and managerial sensitivity. You show leadership, prioritize and are reflective. With your hands-on mentality, you are able to achieve solution-oriented results. You enjoy developing together with your department that matches the needs and ambitions of our organization. You are a real People Manager and you give space and confidence.
Key competencies that you need in this position: results-oriented, decisive, political-administrative, determination and empathy.
What do we offer you?
- A challenging position in a driven team of professionals with high ambitions.
- A position for permanent employment.
- A salary of a maximum of € 7977 gross per month (CAO Municipalities, scale 15) based on a 36-hour working week supplemented by an individual election budget (IKB) of 17.05%. Depending on experience, a starting scale is possible.
- A laptop and cell phone.
- A modern building with new workplaces where flexible and hybrid work is done.
- A good working environment and a healthy and above all tasty company restaurant A wide range of educations at our AA academy, so you continue to develop fully.
- Group discount with various health insurances.
Who are we?
The organization of Amstelveen and Aalsmeer municipality works for two municipalities and consists of more than 1200 employees. They are administratively independent municipalities, each with a recognizable position in the Amsterdam capital region. With over 90,000 inhabitants, Amstelveen is a green, international municipality where it is comfortable to live, work and relax. Aalsmeer has more than 30,000 inhabitants and is an important economic factor in the region, including the flower auction and flower growing.
The finance department is divided into three teams: Consulting, Management and Management Information and Research. The advisory team provides encouraged and unsolicited advice based on monetary content to the Board of Directors, management and budget holders and coordinates the P&C cycle. You direct the advisors directly. The management team ensures a well-planned administration, smooth administrative processes and continuous improvement of these processes. Manager of Management is the team leader Management, which is managed by you. You also directly lead the management information and research team. This team focuses on administrative planning, data-driven management, and policy research.
We look forward to receiving your application! Do this as soon as possible. As soon as a suitable candidate applies, we start the application procedure.
For questions, call Rick de Bruijn (Corporate Recruiter) at 06-52547416.
What else is good to know
- Anyone who comes to work for Amstelveen or Aalsmeer municipality must submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) before starting work.
- As a civil servant, you take an official oath / promise at the start of the employment.
- A reference check is part of our selection procedure.
- We manage this position internally. That is why we do not deal with acquisitions.
Talent is our priority, no matter who you are and where you come from. We know that how your last name is spelled, how old you are, who you love, what you believe in and whether you have a disability do not say anything about your suitability for this position. Talent as a basis, diversity as a strength. You are welcome to apply!
Are you interested?
Then apply via the application button.
We do not appreciate acquisitions.