Are you a team player with in-depth knowledge of security organizations and a desire to make the Netherlands safer? Then we are looking for you!
The friendly and passionate team of Security, Security & Counterterrorism (BBT), part of the research group Networked Organizations (NO), is looking for reinforcements. Both people with limited experience and more experienced are encouraged to apply.
In our day-to-day work, we are committed to enabling our clients (such as the Ministry of Justice and Security, the Ministry of Defense, municipalities and implementation organizations such as the police and the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee) to prepare their organization and staff optimally. future. We are actively looking for opportunities to apply new technological developments, build unique expertise in the security domain and provide advice in areas such as risk management, surveillance and security and crime prevention. In this way, we contribute to a safer society. In addition to projects in the BBT team, you can also create projects in the domains of crisis management, critical infrastructure, cyber security and strategic analysis. These are the other teams in the Networked Organizations research group.
What do you want to do?
In order to have an answer to the issues within the security domain, an in-depth knowledge of the causes, consequences, strategies and measures to deal with them is needed. We have knowledge of how people, organizations, processes and technology are connected in complex organizations, and how interdisciplinary network organizations work. We study how information is disseminated through networks, how risks and vulnerabilities arise from dependencies within networks, and how decisions are made. We use our insights to make partners in the security domain (more) agile, (more) resilient and ready for the future.
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
- You have experience working in projects and conducting research and you are networked, customer-oriented and environmentally conscious. You are a creative team player and are able to make different projects succeed at the same time.
- You have a university degree in a relevant study such as Security Science, Security Studies, Criminology, Sociology, Psychology or (Technical) Business Administration and you have an affinity with technology;
- You are a strong researcher with basic research skills and excellent communication skills (both written and oral and both Dutch and English);
- You have knowledge of and experience with the security domain (police organization, KMar);
We ask a little extra from applicants with more work experience:
- More than three years of relevant work experience. You have in-depth knowledge of technology (such as artificial intelligence, big data, autonomous systems), innovation, security and risk management;
- You will be recognized by the outside world through your work experience and successful projects in your conceptual thinking, analytical ability and scientific curiosity;
- Knowledge of and / or experience in writing research proposals for European projects is an advantage. We can also guide you in this;
- You monitor the quality of colleagues’ work and provide feedback on it. You have good communication skills with customers and their surroundings and you are able to translate their questions and complex project goals into concrete solutions. You like to connect different expertise and you know how to offer structural solutions to complex issues and then (help with) implementing them.
What we offer you
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ with terms of employment that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- Opportunity to follow courses, trainings and workshops and to attend conferences, and coaching if you need it.
- 33 vacation days (with full-time employment).
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talents, with initiatives such as the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and roundtables on inclusion themes.
- Travel money.
- Cozy activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way, you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A good pension scheme.
Read here among which employment conditions you can choose.
TNO as employer
At TNO, we encourage a spacious work environment where you can be yourself. Whatever your story is and whatever unique qualities you bring. It is precisely by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Do you know more? Read what steps we are taking in diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
You can respond until and including June 12, 2022. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. At a final meeting, we will discuss the terms of employment that you put together yourself. We strive to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
An online assessment and reference check can be part of the selection procedure.
Because you also have to work for clients in the field of defense and security, it is necessary for the AIVD to issue a Declaration of No Objection (VGB). Therefore, you need to undergo a safety check beforehand. You can read more about this here.
Has this position aroused anything in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Helen Stork
Mobile phone: +31 (0) 6-515 34922
Employment manager: Karin Jong, de
phone number: +31 (0) 6-515 42255
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.