Board Advisor Strategy
An optimal, unique and effective interaction with citizens and companies. This is what you strive for as a strategic board advisor in the Customer Interaction and Services Department in Utrecht. A job full of challenging strategic issues, with a central focus on: how do we make the tax and customs administration ‘the best tax and customs administration for the Netherlands’, now and in the future?
You do this in the Customer Interaction & Services department
As a board adviser, you advise the official management of the Tax and Customs Administration at a strategic level. Your advice is about social, political-administrative and organizational matters, which come to the Directorate for Customer Interaction and Services (KI&S). Think of stakeholder management, contributions from management to the tax authorities’ multi-year vision, the annual contract and management and accountability. You also prepare for general hearings and ensure that parliamentary questions and Wob requests are answered correctly and in a timely manner. In all this, the needs of citizens and businesses are given priority. You work on a consistent strategic line in decision making and communication.
You are a sparring partner for the management in the KI & S management. You build your network and involve people in your story. And you ensure good coordination with various directorates within the Tax Authorities and the Ministry of Finance. Do you identify relevant developments? Then you examine its significance for KI&S, Tax and the Ministry of Finance. All this you do from your home base: Directorate Support Department. Within this, you actively make the connection to the Planning Economy and Control cluster.
A special job because …
- You optimize one of our important primary processes: the interaction with citizens and businesses.
- You provide administrative support to the KI & S directorate from the Directorate Support Office and you are a conversation partner on behalf of the directorate for other parts of the Tax and Customs Administration and the Ministry of Finance.
- You use your experience to help your colleagues with their professional development.
“Customer interaction and service department deals with many issues, both in business operations and service. My challenge is to connect the two worlds. This is how I bring our services to citizens and businesses to a higher level† Arjan, Strategic Management Advisor.
When is this job right for you?
- You have a university work and thinking level in public administration or organizational science.
- You can independently write administrative notes and give clear and precise advice on content and process.
- You have administrative skills to implement advice correctly.
- You have experience in a public organization and with advice on political-administrative matters.
- You have experience with proactive and results-oriented advice to board members.
- You have good oral and written communication skills.
- control sensitivity
Department – Customer Interaction & Service Department
Customer Interaction & Service Department (KI&S) is on behalf of the other directorates in the primary process responsible for the massive interaction with citizens and companies and for the innovations in this massive interaction, while aiming to prevent unnecessary interaction. When interaction provides value, KI&S provides clear information and a personal approach, so that citizens and companies themselves can arrange their affairs with the tax authorities via digital facilities such as the portals and the website. And if the taxpayers or beneficiaries still have a question, they will be helped in one contact. And KI&S collects and analyzes customer and channel knowledge.
Organization – Tax
Approximately 25,000 people across the country work in the tax and customs services to ensure an economically healthy Netherlands. We do this by collecting, collecting and auditing taxes and social security contributions honestly and carefully and by detecting fraud. Taxes make it as easy as possible for citizens and businesses to meet their obligations and exercise their rights. This is done with appropriate services, by performing massive processes correctly and on time and by exercising adequate oversight. The Danish Tax Agency is in strong development and has the ambition to be the best Tax for the Netherlands with a focus on tax tasks and crafts. Read more about the tax authorities at: https://over-ons.belastingdienst.nl/
We would like to receive your letter and CV in a Word or PDF file. If you claim a priority position, please also enclose a copy of that notice.
Our selection procedure for this position is as follows:
- First and foremost, it is assessed whether a priority candidate within the national government qualifies for this position.
- Then it will be assessed whether your CV and motivation letter meet the job requirements.
- The selection interviews will take place on 3 and 7 June. And the assessment (1 working day) for this position is carried out in the 3rd week of June. At the bottom of this post you will find more information about the steps you go through in the application procedure.
Preference is given to candidates who best match the set profile. This relates to the aforementioned knowledge and work experience as well as to the level of education. Write this clearly in your resume.
We request that employees of Tax and Customs who have been employed in their current position for less than three years or are in the process of starting an education or introductory course, clearly state in their motivation letter the reason for applying within the three year period.
Tax is obliged to employ employees who fall under the target group of the Employment Contracts Act. Do you fall into this target group and are you in the target group register? Then we invite you to respond too! Together with you, we look at whether and how you can handle this position. Do you know more? Then click here!
An (online) pre-selection test and / or an assessment can be part of the application procedure, just like making a case, requesting references and (online) screening, eg via databases, (search engines) and social networks.
Your application will only be processed if you application button answers and your CV and cover letter are attached. After the expiry of the deadline, it is no longer possible to process your application. Please note that applying for a job can cause technical problems. So do not wait until the last minute with this.
Application to the tax authorities
The application process at Skat follows the steps below. We would like to find out as much as possible about you, but we would also like to introduce you to us.
- Application + choice
- Preselection test
- Job interview
- Working conditions
More about the vacancy?
Contact Dimitri Poos, Head of Department
Contact via Whatsapp
06 – 31 01 20 19
More about the application procedure?
Contact Karen van der Kooij, Recruitment and Selection Advisor
Contact via Whatsapp
06 – 10 69 68 77