Are you a real networker who creates, maintains and leverages new contacts with a vision? Can you contribute to a valuable collaboration between science, society and business? And do you want to work in our new University Relations & Fundraising Service (DURF)? Then search for VU University Amsterdam (VU).
FTE: 0.8 fte
As a VU, we provide substance to our special identity and the core tasks of education, research and valorisation, which match the VU’s unique characteristics, such as a diverse student, our social orientation, strong interdisciplinary research and a campus at heart. of Zuidas. As a Relationship Manager Business Partnership, you develop new collaborations with companies in Zuidas and other social organizations with the aim of contributing to effective education, research and valorisation. You devise and organize the infrastructure, make a budget, develop a business model, approach various private and public parties to contribute ideas about the content of the program and look for opportunities to bind these parties to us in the long term. You mainly focus on collaboration and connecting relevant partners to the VU. You know exactly when it is opportune to update partners within the VU (IXA-GO, Administrative Affairs, Entrepreneurship & Impact) and our management on the latest developments. You have a large and relevant business network that you like to use.
You work in a team with other relationship managers, relationship management and relationship managers who are responsible within DURF for the relationship management system, prospectus research and fundraising.
What do you want to do?
- you contribute to the realization of VU’s ambitions ‘Entrepreneurial and Impact’, see also Profile and strategy – More about – Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (vu.nl)
- you ensure a sustainable and long-term relationship with these partners in VU
- You are contacting private and public organizations with the aim of entering into new collaborations for the VU with a focus on entrepreneurship, LLO and other proposals that have yet to be developed.
- you identify (new) organizations in collaboration with the prospectus researcher and decide how they can best be approached
- you translate developments and trends into proposals and proposals for partnerships between VU and organizations
- you monitor the progress of your results in relation to the goals set and adjust them where necessary
- you are relationship-oriented, you are able to open doors and connect the outside world to the VU
- you represent the organization at relevant activities and meetings
What do you bring?
- you have an academic level of work and thought
- you have at least five to ten years of relevant work experience
- you have a good sense of (administrative) relationships
- you have demonstrable knowledge and experience of program management in the private and / or public sector
- you are a solid, optimistic conversation partner who combines good counseling skills with a hands-on approach
- you can work independently and project-based
- you are honest and discreet in your actions and actions (organizationally sensitive)
- you are focused on collaboration and switch easily with different players at different levels
- you have a lot of empathy and adaptability
- you are, of course, a link that motivates others through a flexible setting
- you are creative and editorially strong and you have an excellent command of the Dutch and English languages.
What do we offer?
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. Depending on education and full-time experience, the salary is at least € 4,629.and a maximum of € 5,943 (scale 12) gross per. month. The position is divided according to UFO profile: coordinator external cooperation 3 and is open for 0.8 fte.
The employment contract is initially entered into for a period of 1 year. If it is positive, the employment is transformed into a contract for an indefinite period.
In addition, VU has attractive perks and schemes that enable a good combination of work and private life, such as.
- a maximum of 41 vacation days with full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8.3% year-end bonus
- mobile phone and laptop
- Choice model for tax exchange of certain employment conditions (eg bicycle allowance, extra pension savings, study cost allowance)
About the VU
To contribute to a better world through significant education and pioneering research, that is VU’s ambition. A university where personal development and social commitment are central. Where we work together from different disciplines and backgrounds on innovations and new insights. Our research spans the entire spectrum: from alpha, gamma and beta to life and medical science.
More than 30,000 students study at VU and more than 5,500 employees work. The easily accessible VU campus is located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas, an inspiring environment for education and research.
Diversity is a core value in the VU. We stand for an inclusive community and believe that diversity and internationalization contribute to the quality of education and research. We are therefore constantly looking for people who, through their background and experience, contribute to the diversity of our service.
DURF is VU’s new University Relations and Foundation service. Working at DURF means having an enterprising and compact team to build a broad counter for external partnerships and private fundraising. Within DURF, the teams Alumni Relations, Social Profiling, Corporate Partnerships, Fundraising, Relationship Management, Communication and Relationship Management work closely together to build and maintain VU university relationships. We do this through communication, campaigns, events and substantial collaboration programs.
DURF is also responsible for handling data from external relations. Our wide range of activities and programs caters to external relationships with different backgrounds who, based on their experience and expertise, want to be involved in VU and contribute to growth and prosperity in the VU community. DURF employs a total of 22 employees (19 man-years).
Are you interested in this position? Then apply by using the apply button below no later than June 12, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
The talks will take place on 22 June and 29 June; if possible, please take this into account.
For questions about the vacancy you can contact:
Name: Jochem Miggelbrink
Position: Relationship manager DURF
Phone number: (from 2 June) 06 1445 9066
This position is made available internally and externally at the same time.
Acquisition in response to this ad is not appreciated.