The FOUR PAWS Foundation is the international animal welfare organization for animals under direct human influence. We strive for a world where humans treat animals with respect, empathy and understanding. We detect animal suffering, rescue and protect animals in need. With sustainable campaigns, lobbying and projects, FOUR PAWS focuses on wildlife, pets, stray animals and production animals. Rescue operations often take place in crisis and disaster areas. We work with more than 700 employees from 13 countries and 11 shelters.
FOUR PAWS has recently successfully set a new course for the coming years. Our team consists of 20 people, 15 of whom work for the Dutch organization. You form the management team together with the head of communication & fundraising and the future program manager.
As CFO, you actively contribute to the further development of the organization at the financial and administrative level. You ensure that the financial administration is done on time, correctly and in accordance with internal agreements and local laws and regulations. You are responsible for preparing periodic reports and explaining the figures for internal and external use. In addition, you manage two support staff in their administrative, facility and IT tasks. You work closely with the finance team of the international organization. You refer to the director.
- You ensure correct and timely processing of data of a financial nature in terms of costs and revenues in the accounts.
- You ensure correct and timely processing of payment transactions.
- You ensure the consolidation of the administration and you ensure the implementation, registration and reporting of the financial month, quarter and year end.
- You provide the internal financial (monthly) reports and four times a year to the board.
- You coordinate the preparation of the annual and multi-annual budget and two preliminary forecasts.
- Management of the annual products within the Planning & Control cycle, such as budget, delivery of annual accounts and audit file for the external auditors. You are the contact person for the external auditor.
- You are the contact person for the external finance (payroll) administration office and the banks.
- You lead the two support staff.
Job requirements and profile
- HBO education (Finance & Accounting, Business Economics).
- Experience with accounting, especially finance & control.
- Knowledge of taxation and relevant laws and regulations.
- You are preferably well acquainted with the rules regarding annual reports RJ650 and CBF.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English languages: orally and in writing.
- You are analytical, accurate, honest and results-oriented.
- A role at FOUR PAWS is also an internationally dynamic role, with a lot of contact with international colleagues.
- An organization that is constantly growing and evolving.
- Salary in line with the market, depending on knowledge and experience. You get an excellent pension scheme.
- A contract for 1 year with the intention of extension by mutual satisfaction.
- Diversity, inclusiveness and integrity are our foundation.
- A lovely workplace in Amsterdam in a dog-friendly office that is easily accessible.
- Ability to work externally up to 50%.
Inform and apply
Before Monday, July 4, please send your resume with a brief motivation by email to Wendy Muller, Director’s Assistant, email@example.com.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.