Do you have experience with contract and supplier management? Do you like working with different parties and are you a good, solid discussion partner? We are looking for a supplier manager who likes to work together.
The IT landscape at Utrecht University is increasingly a mix of on-site and cloud services. We promise teachers, researchers and students that our IT is reliable and secure. This should also be reflected in our agreements with external IT vendors. You manage our IT contracts and ensure that suppliers comply with their agreements.
What do you want to do?
• You manage and manage our IT contracts. You prepare Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Dossiers Agreements and Procedures (DAP). You also take care of the templates.
• You monitor the quality of the service provided by our suppliers. You consult with suppliers at a tactical and (sometimes) operational level. You check and evaluate contract agreements. You advise on the formulation of requirements and wishes in procurement processes. And you evaluate offers.
• You know how to correctly interpret the suppliers’ performance figures. Based on this, you give advice and act. If vendors unexpectedly default, you enter the conversation.
• You provide a Service Improvement Plan (SIP) if a provider does not perform as agreed. You ensure that improvement points are implemented in a timely manner.
You work together in the Supplier Management team. In addition to you, the team consists of an IT contract manager, another supplier manager, a Software Asset Manager, two IT purchasers and an IT hiring administrator. The atmosphere in the team is open and pleasant.
What do you bring?
• You have at least an HBO level of work and thinking.
• You have an affinity with managing suppliers at an operational and tactical level. and with contract and supplier management.
• You can work well with various internal and external parties. You have an eye for the relationship.
• You are a good solid discussion partner and you have experience in negotiating.
• You have knowledge of ITIL, knowledge of (European) tendering processes and knowledge of the development of market forces, or are willing to acquire this knowledge.
• You identify and examine the wishes and needs of the service owners and act accordingly.
• You work systematically and thoroughly.
• You are a team player. You enjoy working together on the best IT services.
• You will develop in your work and you are eager to learn. You have an eye for improvement.
This is an employment contract of 0.8-1.0 man-years for a period of 1 year. With good performance, a permanent contract is one of the options. The salary is a minimum of € 2,846 and a maximum of € 4,490 (scale 10 agreement for Dutch universities) gross per month for full-time employment. You also get an 8% holiday allowance and an ultimate bonus of 8.3%. Furthermore, Utrecht University has an attractive package of terms of employment, including a choice of a good work-life balance (including a good leave scheme), development opportunities and an excellent pension scheme. For more information, see work at Utrecht University.
About the organization
A better future for all. This ambition motivates our researchers in their top research and inspiring education. At Utrecht University, different disciplines work closely together on socially important themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions of Open Society, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The University Administrative Service works on integrated support for the administration of Utrecht University. Eight directorates support the Executive Board in the preparation and implementation of the annual management agenda and the four-year strategic plan and in providing service.
The ITS directorate is part of the University Administrative Service at Utrecht University. ITS is an inspiring and comfortable work environment with sweet colleagues. Your place of work is Utrecht Science Park. You can, of course, work flexibly. Information and technology service consists of nine interdisciplinary departments, where management and innovation specialists work together. The basic principles here are: to work customer-oriented, aimed at the reliability and quality of the service. But also: investing in innovation and modern technology. The security of UU data is a top priority in this regard.
Want to know more about this feature? Please contact Joost Peetoom (Manager cluster Administration) via e-mail or (06) 28 30 94 72.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees from a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives. Are you interested in applying? Send your motivation letter and CV via the application button.
Answer before July 3, 2022.