TNO is a knowledge institution. A special knowledge institution. Because we work with technological innovations every day. We do the same with Dutch and international governments. This means that we have a lot of sensitive information internally. Information with enormous effect. Call it our crown jewels. And, of course, they need to be protected.
A complex task because the employees and knowledge of TNO are in the spotlight. International. And this is where you come in as a Senior Security Advisor.
What do you want to do?
Your role is complex. On the one hand, you need to inspire. To make people aware of security risks and their responsibilities in this regard. This is an ongoing process. Because the world is constantly changing. So too security. You keep an eye on these changes. And you turn them into information programs that you develop annually. And it makes you alive and keeps you alive.
But in addition to this inspiring role, you also have a role where you supervise. You do this through audits, where you test the security policy. This is crucial for TNO. Because if we are not compliant, it has a huge impact on the work we do within TNO.
In short: a challenging role where security, politics, ambassadorship, inspiration and supervision meet. In a complex environment where security has a social impact.
As a Senior Security Advisor, you are the right hand of the Corporate Security Officer. You work in the Security Team. This team consists of 7 permanent colleagues. There are also 15 local security officers, who are our eyes and ears at the 32 locations. And we have our technical specialists in our crypto organization and SOC. Together, we are responsible for protecting all knowledge, information and technology that TNO develops.
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
- Extensive experience as a security consultant in large, complex organizations.
- A charismatic adviser, someone who can be diplomatic and empathetic.
- Flexible and willing to visit all our locations where needed.
- Fluent proficiency in both Dutch and English. In words and writing.
What we offer you
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ with terms of employment that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- Opportunity to follow courses, trainings and workshops and to attend conferences, and coaching if you need it.
- 33 vacation days (with full-time employment).
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talents, with initiatives such as the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and roundtable discussions on inclusion themes.
- Travel money
- Cozy activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way, you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A good pension scheme.
Read here among which employment conditions you can choose.
TNO as employer
At TNO, we encourage a spacious work environment where you can be yourself. Whatever your story is and whatever unique qualities you bring. It is precisely by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Do you know more? Read what steps we are taking in diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
You can respond until and including July 23, 2022. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. At a final meeting, we will discuss the terms of employment that you put together yourself. We strive to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
Because you also have to work for clients in the field of defense and security, it is necessary for the AIVD to issue a Declaration of No Objection (VGB). Therefore, you undergo a safety check beforehand. You can read more about this here.
Has this position aroused anything in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Marco Tongeren, from
Mobile phone: +31 (0) 6-112 49467
Employment manager: Linda Krom
phone number: +31 (0) 88-86 61134
Acquisitions in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.