Concrete blocks, elements and structures play an important role in our society. While making concrete more sustainable by developing alternative binders and recycling existing concrete, the durability and longevity of such (existing) concrete structures is a growing topic. Within TNO, we work with the sustainability of concrete structures from three angles: materials, construction behavior and reliability.
What do you want to do?
The team is looking for an excellent junior researcher who is enthusiastic about contributing to all areas in which we operate, and who will develop a focus on reinforcement corrosion in both existing concrete structures and new concrete. You will contribute both to scientific research aimed at solving future societal problems and to advising specific clients, for example in developing or evaluating the performance of new or existing materials and structures.
More information about the department can be found here Expert group Structural Reliability | TNO
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
- A Ph.D. in building technology.
- Mastery of the English language in word and writing and willingness to learn Dutch within a few years of joining TNO.
- Broad interest in the material aspects and service life of concrete structures.
- Affinity with both traditional concrete and new concrete with alkali / bioactivated binders.
- Knowledge of conservation and restoration methods, both traditional and new, eg self-healing materials.
- Ability to penetrate to the macroscopic / structural level.
- Demonstrated skills in reporting and / or scientific publishing.
- New international scientific network.
What we offer you
Maybe you want to grow in the direction of trading or advising. Or do you want to become a project manager, immerse yourself more in sustainable innovations or make a career as a technical expert.
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ with terms of employment that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- Opportunity to follow courses, trainings and workshops and to attend conferences, and coaching if you need it.
- 33 vacation days (with full-time employment).
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talents, with initiatives such as the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and roundtable discussions on inclusion themes.
- Travel money.
- Cozy activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way, you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- Access to our talent development program.
- Networking opportunities and fun activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Comprehensive relocation package for international applicants.
- A good pension scheme.
Read here among which employment conditions you can choose.
TNO as employer
At TNO, we encourage a spacious work environment where you can be yourself. Whatever your story is and whatever unique qualities you bring. It is precisely by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Do you know more? Read what steps we are taking in diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
You can respond up to and including 7 August 2022. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. The first round is scheduled for August 16, 2022. The second round is scheduled for August 23, 2022. At a final meeting, we will discuss the employment conditions that you put together yourself. We strive to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
An online assessment and reference check can be part of the selection procedure.
Has this position aroused anything in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Frank Bax
Mobile phone: +31 (0) 6 113 20080
Employment manager: Arlette Pikaart
Acquisitions in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.