IT is playing an increasingly crucial role in the primary processes of all kinds of companies. How do we become digitally sovereign in Europe and therefore less dependent on US cloud infrastructures? For example, what can digital twinning mean for factories, bridges or construction companies? And how do we handle the rise in energy-intensive data centers smartly? Important research questions, where you as an IT company consultant play a central and above all independent role. You work on research projects whose impact is often unclear. So a dot on the horizon. Because with us, you create long-term successes that benefit the whole of the Netherlands.
What do you want to do?
You will work in the Monitoring & Control Services department from Groningen or The Hague. With us, you work with a diverse group of more than forty colleagues in a professional and international team. And we are broadly oriented. Because in our work, research, technology and its practical application meet. We focus on projects where all kinds of expertise are discussed, with ICT technology as the link. Think of state-of-the-art IT solutions for complex tasks in the application areas of industry, infrastructure and sustainable energy. The successful development and monitoring of public-private partnership projects is crucial. In this way, you and your colleagues are committed to a great social goal: Digitization solutions that truly benefit market participants, residents and the planet.
Read more about the department your team belongs to.
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
Working independently of the technological content on innovative solutions that are of value to the customer: you really like that! In contact with stakeholders, you quickly get to the essence of a story or development. So you can hang on to the technology and quickly see through the main points of the question and understand that you will need to keep your knowledge up to date in order to answer the questions for the future.
With your curious and inquisitive attitude, you as a true networker know how to connect parties and involve them in different projects. You know how to handle the freedom you get to fill your days and organize your position yourself. Your proactive attitude comes in handy here. In addition to being independent, you are also a real team player. What else do you bring:
- Academic level, preferably with a technological education such as computer science, software engineering, applied physics, information technology or distributed systems.
- Business insight and being able to see the problem from the customer’s business perspective.
- Excessive interest in the technical side of IT and especially knowledge of and work experience with system integration and application development through cloud and data platforms.
- Interest in the latest developments around the federated data infrastructure Gaia-X is an advantage.
- An (inter) national relationship network in the cloud landscape. Also has knowledge of the buying side of the well-known hyperscale platforms and open source ecosystems like CNCF (Cloud Computing Foundation).
- Good writing and speaking skills in Dutch and English because it is the language of your customers, partners and team.
- Knowledge of European projects (such as Horizon Europe, ITEA, etc.) is an advantage.
What we offer you
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ with terms of employment that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- 33 vacation days (with full-time employment).
- Flexible working hours and good homework facilities.
- Display of a fixed contract.
- Travel allowance or a bicycle.
- Opportunity to follow courses, trainings and workshops and to attend conferences, and coaching if you need it.
- Fun activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way, you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talents, including through the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and roundtables on inclusion themes.
- A good pension scheme.
- Comprehensive relocation package for international applicants.
Read here among which employment conditions you can choose.
TNO as employer
At TNO, we encourage a spacious work environment where you can be yourself as much as possible. Whatever your story is and whatever unique qualities you bring. It is precisely by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society.
Do you know more? Read what steps we are taking in diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
You can respond until September 7, 2022. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. The first round is scheduled for September 15th. The second round is scheduled for 21/22. September 2022. At a final meeting, we discuss the employment conditions that you put together yourself. We strive to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
An online assessment and reference check can be part of the selection procedure.
Has this position aroused anything in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Ruthilio Franken
Mobile phone: +31 (0) 6-24593202
Employment manager: Matthijs Vonder
phone number: +31 (0) 6-204 24263
Acquisitions in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.