In a world of connected people, entities and organizations, data and artificial intelligence are becoming increasingly important. The Data Science department performs applied research in new technology for data analysis and data exchange. Our main mission is to make sense of this data and enable companies and governments to make better decisions from both a social and business perspective.
Working at TNO means that in your work you look beyond the daily business and look at the potential in new developments together with the customers. You carry out this work for the labor market, the agri-food sector, the energy domain and the smart industry. In addition to customer assignments, you will spend part of your time on research assignments, where you explore the potential and applicability of new technologies and solutions. Current topics include linked (open) data, ontologies and hybrid AI.
What do you want to do?
As a Junior consultant data AI, you will work in TNO’s data heart. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our leading work in data science and AI. Under the guidance of experienced colleagues, you will have all the tools to become a mature data AI professional. Among other things, you will be involved in designing solutions for controlled data sharing and realization of (digital) collaboration within domains and across domains. This is very challenging, especially in a world of companies, governments and people full of dynamism. We are therefore looking for a junior consultant who wants to master this dynamic field of work. You are naturally curious and look beyond technological solutions. In addition, you are analytical and able to translate IT innovations into practical issues and customer questions. As a Junior consultant data AI you get a wide and challenging range of tasks. Examples of specific tasks you work with as a consultant in the Data Science department are:
- Preparation of data models in which the semantics (meaning) of information is registered. These models stimulate data sharing and collaboration between organizations.
- Bringing business partners together to determine a common language for a domain. This accelerates digitization and innovation in this area.
- Advising organizations on data and AI issues. Think, for example, of how they can properly combine the knowledge of their experts with machine learning to make better decisions.
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
- A completed university degree in the field of Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Information Technology.
- An excellent command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Affinity with one or more sectors in which we are active.
What we offer you
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ with terms of employment that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- Opportunity to follow courses, trainings and workshops and to attend conferences, and coaching if you need it.
- 33 vacation days (with full-time employment).
- Travel money.
- Fun activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way, you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- Networking opportunities and fun activities organized by Jong TNO.
- A good pension scheme.
Read here among which employment conditions you can choose.
TNO as employer
At TNO, we encourage a spacious work environment where you can be yourself. Whatever your story is and whatever unique qualities you bring. It is precisely by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Do you know more? Read what steps we are taking in diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
You can respond up to and including 14 August 2022. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. At a final meeting, we will discuss the terms of employment that you put together yourself. We strive to complete the entire procedure within four weeks. If we have received sufficient answers, it is possible that the post will be closed earlier.
An online assessment and reference check can be part of the selection procedure.
Because you also have to work for clients in the field of defense and security, it is necessary for the AIVD to issue a Declaration of No Objection (VGB-B). Therefore, you undergo a safety check beforehand. You can read more about this here.
Has this position aroused anything in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Eric Atuahene
Mobile phone: +31 (0) 6 187 22044
Employment manager: Sharon Prins
phone number: +31 (0) 6-537 15812
Acquisitions in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.