The Radar Technology (RT) expert group develops technology and concepts used in (radar) systems for defense and non-defense applications. This is done for subsystems such as an antenna array, specific ICs (MMIC), RF front-ends, algorithms and signal processing, and for complete radar and RF sensor systems. In addition to radar applications, this technology finds its way into a wide range of other applications such as: 6G communications, laser SatCom, quantum computers and precision measuring equipment. The department works for industrial parties and for the government, both in national projects and in a European context. In addition, the group has a broad network with universities and other research institutions. Within military radar, the department’s primary pillar, there is a very close cooperation in the triangle with the Dutch armed forces and the national industry.
What do you want to do?
Within the projects, you provide guidance to give customers high-quality answers and to strengthen the knowledge base in your department. Thanks to you, project team members know exactly what is expected of them and are given the opportunity to develop to their full potential. You pay extra attention to the development of the starters in your team. You will also look for new ways to bring the knowledge your department develops to the market. For this, you work together with content experts and business developers.
How will you contribute to the world of the future? How big can your influence be? Come and work at TNO and see for yourself.
What we expect from you
What else do you have at home?
- WO master or PhD. in a technical direction, preferably physics, electrical engineering or business administration.
- Interested in techniques related to radar technology.
- Demonstrated experience as program and project manager (minimum 3 years).
- Clear affinity with the defense domain is a plus.
- Good command of English and willingness to work for short periods elsewhere in the Netherlands when necessary.
What we offer you
In addition, at TNO you can put together a ‘menu’ of employment terms that suit your personal situation. Whatever you can expect:
- A highly professional, innovative working environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- Possibility to follow courses, educations and workshops and to visit conferences, and coaching if you need it.
- 33 holiday days (with full-time employment).
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives such as the Female Leadership Programme, our Rainbow Community and roundtable discussions on inclusion topics.
- Travel money
- Fun activities with your team and other TNO employees. That way you quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- Access to TNO’s project management guild: a network of around three hundred like-minded people. Every year, the guild organizes various workshops, symposia, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Comprehensive relocation package for international applicants.
- A good pension scheme.
Read here which employment conditions you can choose from.
TNO as employer
At TNO, we encourage a spacious working environment where you can be yourself. Whatever your story is and whatever unique qualities you bring. It is precisely by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Do you know more? Read what steps we are taking in the field of diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
You can respond up to and including 14 August 2022. The application procedure consists of two interview rounds. At a final meeting, we discuss the terms of employment that you put together yourself. We aim to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
An online assessment and reference check may be part of the selection procedure.
Because you will also be working for clients in the defense and security domain, it is necessary for the AIVD to issue a Declaration of No Objection (VGB). That is why you go through a safety investigation beforehand. You can read more about this here.
Has this position sparked something in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your reply!
For more information about the job or the procedure, please contact us.
recruits: Jane Duinisveld
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-294 07566
Hiring manager: Carine Bentum, van
phone number: +31 (0)6-239 50381
Purchases in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.