The municipality of Vlissingen (Ritthem, Oost-Souburg and Vlissingen) is a dynamic municipality with almost 45,000 inhabitants. It is a municipality with a strong distinctive character and the municipality is characterized as unpolished, colourful, no-nonsense and international. Vlissingen is a medium-sized city with metropolitan challenges.
Vlissingen Municipality is in full development and change. With the city’s Article 12 status, severe budget cuts, and special financial limitations and responsibilities, there are many complex financial challenges for the organization. This is also based on the Wind in the Sails program and various large and complex land development projects. As Team Leader Finance and Control, you are an indispensable part of this. There is enough to tackle in this special municipality with city, harbor and beach together. The municipality works together in a customer-oriented and transparent manner on opportunities for a more beautiful Vlissingen, where the euro is used creatively and cost-consciously.
The municipal organization consists of two directorates: Operation and Service and Physical Planning and Society. The Finance & Control team is part of the Operations and Service Department and deals with issues within these task fields. The team consists of 23 permanent employees and 2 temporary employees, varying from financial administration, application management and cashiers to planning and control policy employees, financial advisors, tax advisors, purchasing advisors and specialized internal control.
- As a team leader, you are the professional point of contact, sounding board and coach for employees, fellow team leaders, management and external parties;
- You strengthen people with coaching and motivating management by giving them space to realize initiatives and make results-oriented agreements at team and individual level. You ensure an optimal working environment, a good connection and the right team spirit;
- You are also a sparring partner for management and the board, where you understand how to translate principles and goals for the organization and the Business & Management department into achievable and concrete goals for the team;
- You identify internal and external developments, indicate where the opportunities lie and translate this into the work situation
- You also implement the Skade products together with the team, you support financial management in the municipality and you identify opportunities for improvement in processes and systems. You focus on the further digitization of the administrative processes and the administrative information supply.
- You have a completed university education or demonstrable level of work and thinking and you have extensive experience in leading a team of financial professionals at preferably a municipal government;
- You also know political administrative processes and sensitivities well, and you have knowledge of the task areas handled by the Finance and Control Team;
- You help the organization to better manage its finances, know how to empower people like no one else, are a strong link and customer focus and service are of paramount importance to you;
- In addition, you are visible in the organisation, accessible, transparent, decisive and results- and people-oriented.
- You are able to express and transmit the core values of customer focus, collaboration, transparency and craftsmanship.
The position offers the opportunity to optimally use your knowledge and experience to contribute to the organizational development of Vlissingen municipality. Vlissingen municipality offers a challenging and dynamic workplace where you can make a difference in the financial organisation.
It is a position of 36 hours per week and classified in municipal scale 12 (max. €6103 gross per month for a 36-hour working week). Furthermore, Vlissingen municipality offers excellent fringe benefits such as flexible working hours, travel allowance, admission to the ABP pension fund and study facilities. You make your own suggestions for your personal development. We also provide an annual budget. Hybrid work is encouraged in Vlissingen municipality, which makes working from home one of the options.
In addition to your salary, you get a freely available budget, an Individual Choice Budget (IKB) of 17.05% of the gross annual salary. This gives you more freedom of choice and control over your money. You decide for yourself what suits your stage of life and personal wishes best. You can use this budget for e.g. extra days off or training.
The municipality intends to have the first round of interviews completed at the beginning of September. A selection assessment is also part of the procedure.
This procedure is supervised by Mieke Metz from Certus Groep. For questions about the position and/or application procedure, please contact Mieke Metz on 06-38164589 or by e-mail at email@example.com.